Advantages of Metal Roofing
Metal roofing offers a distinctive look with plenty of options to suit your style and household needs. Beyond these basics, customers have many more great reasons for choosing a metal roof.
Metal Roof Benefits for High Altitude Homes and Businesses
High altitude living requires more than boiling eggs longer than you would at sea level. The weather can be rough, with high winds, lightning storms, and forest fires are a risk. At high elevations, the sun is more intense and can be hard on many kinds of roofing. A durable metal roof can be the perfect solution.
Metal roof installation brings multiple advantages for local homeowners and businesspeople, including:
- Beauty: Your metal roof can create a streamlined, classic appearance, yet its color, powder-coating, texture, and style options make it very versatile. Depending upon the architectural style of your home or business location, a metal roof can fit right in. It can enhance an industrial vibe, rustic look, or modern appearance. On a more ornate home, metal roofing can also create impressive curb appeal.
- Strength and weather resistance: Metal roofing can be made from aluminum, copper, stainless steel, zinc, and more. Interlocking panels, properly installed, make metal roofing especially wind-resistant. Roofing is installed in a weather-tight manner to avoid leaks and also resists abrasion and impact.
- Lightweight: A metal roof is half as heavy as asphalt shingles.
- Low noise: When properly installed, metal roofs are surprisingly quiet–even in a rainstorm. An insulating sheathing material is placed between the metal roof and the existing roof surface.
- Low-maintenance: Most metal roofs are practically carefree, requiring little to no maintenance.
- Safety: Metal roofing is fire resistant, which is especially helpful in forested areas at high altitudes. Metal roofs don’t attract lightning–but if the roof does get struck, it’s less likely to catch fire than other roofing materials. Snow guards can prevent rooftop snow from sliding onto people or property below roof edges.
- Eco-friendly: Metal roofs contain up to 95% recycled metal and are themselves recyclable.
- Budget-friendly: Metal roofs help you save money by reflecting solar (radiant) heat, which could lower your cooling costs by up to 25%. Metal roofing can last 50+ years. Metal roofing often lasts 3X as long as asphalt shingles, delaying future roof replacement costs.
- And more.
Where to Get Metal Roofing with Expert Installation
If you’re interested in a new metal roof, remember that skilled installation matters. Our expert roofers can provide flawless metal roofing installation, tailored to your preferences, style, and the unique needs of your home or building. Contact us today.